Flu vaccination appointments are now available to book for patients that have received them in previous years, or if you have received a text message from us asking you to book your appointment.
You will notice some changes to how we deliver the flu vaccine this year. This is to ensure the safety of our staff and patients during Covid-19.
- Our vaccination sessions will take place in the marquee that is situated in the surgery car park (to the rear of the building)
- Staff will be wearing PPE.
- Staff will be following the latest infection control measures.
- Please could you help us by:
- wearing a t-shirt (under a coat if it is cold/raining) so we can easily access your arm.
- come alone if possible.
- ensure you are wearing a face-covering or mask (unless exempt).
- arrive on time for your appointment (not early) and join the queue in the car park.
- The queuing system will be marked out to allow you to socially distance, please adhere to this.
- go to the toilet before you leave home.
- If you or anyone in your household has a temperature, new cough or loss of taste/smell please do not attend your appointment. Please follow the current Government guidance for self-isolation.
It is more important than ever to have your flu vaccine this year!
Keep Well This Winter
Patients aged over 50 that do not usually receive the flu vaccine, but will be eligible this year under the new Covid-19 guidance will be contacted by the surgery when the vaccines that are being provided directly by the Government are available.